Jay Blahnik And Ashnati
Our Super Star Jay Blahnik page
Connect with your Stars, and be apart of the stage developments
Super Star, POP R&B Performer Jay Blahnik
With Mega Idol, Ashanti....
Jay Blahnik BIOGRAPHY Continuance below.
I can remember how it all happened like it was yesterday. I received a call from my good friend Brice Vick, celebrity choreographer to Beyonce, R. Kelly, Christina Aguilera, Lenny Kravitz, 50 Cent, and of course… Ashanti. He had heard my music and worked with me in the past. He said, “Would you produce the opening track to Ashanti’s Memorial Day Weekend show?” After saying, “hell yeah,” I and acclaimed producer, Whey Cooler of Pretty Poison, immediately went to work on it. Once I sent the finished track to him, he fell in love with and then played for Ashanti. Then I received a call asking me to bring my dancers to DC for them to open with Ashanti. I worked with Darrell Waytes and together we choreographed the opening performance.
On Friday, May 25, 2012, I arrived in DC with the dancers. Once I met up with Brice, he added his special touch to the opening choreography. While in rehearsal, I was asked to perform with Ashanti. I smiled and jumped into performance mode. It was great …5,000 people at FUR Night Club and I am rocking the microphone on stage with the Princess of Hip-Hop & R&B, Ashanti. It was an honor to work with her, she is talented beyond measure and an amazingly kind person. How many people get to say that they produced a track, choreographed and introduced an artist that has sold over 30 million records worldwide. I have and it is just the beginning our musical partnership.
Vanguard and Musical Architect
Producer, Dancer/Choreographer, Model, Fashion Designer, Stylist and Humanitarian
Jay Blahnik is an Iconic figure and well-known dancer/choreographer who is most noted for intricate and street-styled choreography. As an artist and producer, his work is often characterized as a musical action film; complete with a storyline, plot and climax. Because his artistic career intersects at theatre, dance and music, Jay Blahnik’s live performances are epic Broadway Musical extravaganzas. He has been cited by many as one of the greatest performers and runway competitors in the history of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Jay Blahnik is also one of the most celebrated figures in the entire LGBT community; receiving numerous awards for his revolutionary artistic and humanitarian efforts.
Over 100,000 albums sold
· Album: Notorious (later renamed to Watch OUT) sold over 50,000 copies
· Album: I Don’t Like You sold over 65,000 copies
Produced, choreographed and co-performed with R & B Princess, Ashanti (2012)
Featured editorial on Black Entertainment Television’s (BET) website (2012)
Featured editorial in the New York Times (2012)
Featured editorial in ELLE Magazine (2004 & 2006)
Spokesmodel for several local/national educational campaigns to address HIV/AIDS
· Mazzoni Center (Get Real Project)
· COLOURS Organization (Community Promise Project)
· National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ (NIAID) HIV Vaccine Research Education Initiative (Be the Generation Project)
One of the Most Celebrated Individuals in the LGBT and Ballroom Community
- Ball/House & Pageant (B/HAP) Activism Award, B/HAP Communities Conference Health Disparities’ and Leadership Conference- Abounding Prosperity (10/06/2012)
- Albert Evisu Outstanding Award, Gay Men’s Health Crisis House of Latex Project (8/18/2012)
- Champion of Change Awards, IMPACT at the International AIDS Conference, Washington, DC (7/25/2012)
- Award for Lifetime Achievement, Crystal Ball (2012)
- Kwame Ferragamo Banks Lifetime Achievement Award, COLOURS Organization, Inc. (2011)
- Kiyoshi Kuromiya Award for Prevention, AIDS Education Month Committee at Philadelphia FIGHT (2011)
- Angel Vizcaya Icon Award, Timotheus Smart & Company’s Icon Fashion & Awards Show (2011)
- Hall of Fame for Lifetime Ballroom Achievement, Dorian Corey Awards Ball (2010)
- Outstanding Community Service Award, City of Baltimore by Mayor Rawlings-Blake (2010)
- Proclamation from the City of Philadelphia by Mayor Michael Nutter (2010)
- Bayard Rustin Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from the Greatest Ball on Earth (2008)
LEGACY and INFLUENCE:
· Acclaimed Hit-maker and Producer, Whey Cooler states, “working with Blahnik is an experience that is never anything short of amazing. His musical insight, energy and passion punctuate who he is as an artist and a person.”
· Legendary International DJ and Producer Vjuan Allure says, “working with Jay Blahnik is a collaborative effort in which you will certainly come out of with more ideas than you went in with, and each time we worked together the experience is expressive and imaginative.
· Legendary 80s recording artist, Jade Starling, exclaims, “Working with the Legendary Jay Blahnik was one of the highlights of my year. His vision and technique on the Boom Box Album should be recognized for years to come!”
· World-renowned Celebrity Choreographer, Brice Vick shares, “When you mention, Hard Work, Dedication, Passionate and Talented, the first name that comes to mind is Jay Blahnik. A true artist to be watched!”
· Notorious/Watch OUT Album (Vjuan Allure & Jay Blahnik, 2006)
· I Don’t Like You Album (Whey Cooler & Jay Blahnik, 2010)
· Rock Da Bellz Single (Whey Cooler & Jay Blahnik, 2011)
· Rockin’ Wit Jay Innovative Choreography Contest (Jay Blahnik, 2011)
Boom Box Album (Whey Cooler & Jay Blahnik- Scheduled Release if March 26, 2013)
Boom Box is a 15 piece collection of the hottest dance tracks ever assembled. The album brilliantly blends house, hip hop, rock, funk and mainstream contemporary music to Blahnik’s own audio diary of sonically innovative sounds. The creative team (Blahnik and Cooler) carefully crafts insatiable beats with lyrics that make listeners want to get on the dance floor and move. The sounds are reminiscent of the 1980s, with loud and infectious melodies and interpersonal interludes that cause listeners to be introspective.
CONNECT with JAY BLAHNIK:
To inquire about pre-ordering copies of Jay Blahnik’s forthcoming, ground-breaking and monumental Boom Box Album or about booking Jay Blahnik for an event, please contact Lawrence Frazier, Booking Agent and Events Manager, at (215) 939-0765 or at Lawrence.H.Frazier@gmail.com.
He is a super Star
Net Move Garth Music Tour, Inc * developmenting Talents for Public Awareness Issues